Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhy would you boycott BET again?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24836&mesg_id=24844
24844, Why would you boycott BET again?
Posted by unohoo, Wed May-10-00 11:11 AM
I mean what's the beef against BET? Is it that they don't have varied programming? Is it that you feel the images projected are negative? Is it that you feel you are not represented? IS it that BET is making money? I don't understand why so much vitriol is being spewed at BET.

I'm not saying that it couldn't use some improvement, but a boycott just seems extreme especially when no one has really clearly outlined a legitimate reason to boycott BET. This same energy could be directed at the major networks, and even Hollywood who have far less representation of black people, black voices, much less black culture. Before I get attacked though, what do you really want out of BET that you don't get right now?

Be easy kinfolks...

New album by my younger broski on Blue Note Records Jason Moran entitled "Facing Left" in stores June 27th!! Go cop that!! And if you really wanna support a brothers brother then buy his debut "Soundtrack To Human Motion".