Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecthow about a visable hit in the head...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24836&mesg_id=24840
24840, how about a visable hit in the head...
Posted by nushooz, Tue May-09-00 08:00 AM
we should show up. live tapings of teen summitt, call in on tavis's show, at the dc studio, ACTIVE disgruntlement. I figure if we can come together in philly for a reunion, we can congregate in dc to be heard and/or seen. Yes, it's old fashioned but it works.

ok. And then what?
Any serious person can list their concerns... no bull shit, no rhetoric, no speeches, just plain out-I think BET should pick up shows like City of Angels, or Living Single; I think BET should produce its own quality show(s)(and give a number of shows that we think it should be). We can come up with a list of things that concern us, that measurable solutions.

I also think that amongst the talent that exists at okayplayer, we should be able to accuratley describe our demographic-who the hell we are and who we represent. Cuz you see if we only appear to represent some kind of cult-ish faction, nobody gives a damn what we think.

Do some damn homework! Whose paying Johnson? Where does he get the bulk of his money from? How much does he reinvest? Engage Black Artist.

Look baby, if you serious, then i'm serious. This ish is do-able. "The fields are right for harvest but the laborers are few."
Reparations from the government is good, but if the brother down the street owes me, I expect him to pay SOONER. BET owes black folk!

Talk to me and then move me!
I,I, I Can't Wait!