Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwhere do we start
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24836&mesg_id=24838
24838, where do we start
Posted by nushooz, Mon May-08-00 08:45 AM
first of all, bet programming is not marketed to us - johnson's target audiene is 15 - 21 approx. A lot of us - thinking individuals that we might be- don't fall into that category. AND IF YOU THOUGHT that it wasn't about the dollars, think again. We all know that Johnson makes money!

I do beleive that we - Black folk - don't have the luxury of independent wealth and/or detachable responsibility. Until WE ALL OVERCOME NOBODY OVERCOMES!!!!! Sure, BET owes us but will they pay?

Yes, BET should have been a target in the NAACP directives but I'm sure that Kweisi had to consider what Johnson does for black folk as a whole. Alebit, I don't know what he does exactly - for black folk other than providing video employment for all the woman on D'Angelo's dick -opps, did I say that?

But I think our first course of action should be persuading him - by any means necessary- that he should provide more for us that we're getting.

I,I, I Can't Wait!