Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: To Princeguy and K.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24723&mesg_id=24795
24795, RE: To Princeguy and K.
Posted by guest, Thu May-25-00 06:29 AM
Boodah, for the folks who aren't hating on BET for the sake of hatin', then this doesn't apply to them. My response was more so because of the fact that overall and consistently BET seems to be the only CABLE ENTERTAINMENT STATION that's gets attacked and criticised so unfairly, when I don't see anything BET does that other cable stations aren't doing. It's entertatinment and people are acting like they should always "learn" something from watching BET. That's not BET's responsibility. Why are people on here putting BET under the microscope so much. It's the self hatred that I don't like. It's the envy that I don't like. I consider BET to be a blessing to black people in America. Everything isn't gonna be perfect but that doesn't mean you jump on it and just throw it away.

>Quite a few of us
>would sinmply like to see
>BET increase the quality of
>their programs

This is not what's being said. People are out for blood from BET. They recklessly try to make it out to be an evil demon or something. They get malicous with their words about BET. They don't express that they "simply" anything. And what does this have to do with God's view on homosexuality? We're talking about B-E-T, not G-O-D. Boodah, my post wasn't directed specifically towards you, it's to the haters who know they watch BET, but just hate to be "down". Because it's now vogue to hate on BET. The followers who don't think for themselves, but just want acceptance from others.

Yes. I agree that BET has room for improvement, but so does every station. There will never be a perfect station, because people have different tastes. But, I mean, what has BET done that's so wrong. Why people acting like they don't watch videos or watch black comedians all of a sudden? Nobody should be watching tv 24/7 anyway. But I enjoy Live from LA, Comic View, and some of the videos. It's entertainment. I blame the videos on the record companies, and not BET. BET can't become "the censor station". Especially when most the people complainin will just watch the videos on MTV anyway. How am I being hypocritical by voicing my support for BET and showing my disdain for all the folks hatin on BET?