Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Actually K
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24723&mesg_id=24769
24769, RE: Actually K
Posted by BooDaah, Tue May-23-00 05:46 AM
>BET movies- is a not basic
>- its pay per view
>right?

No, it's not basic, it's a premuim channel (like HBO). But from what I understand (I have friends who work in the cable industry), the company will buy the rights to show a movie X amount of times. Where (meaning which of their channels)/when they show it is up to thepurchaser of the rights. The decision not to show it on regular BET boils down to $$$. If you wanna see it, you gotta pay for it. Supply and demand.

>As far
>as censoring or editting i
>really doubt the producers of
>the film would allow that;

THe producers/editors don't have jack to say about it though. The studio owns that movie and once it's in the can they can pretty much do whatever they like to it (this is why all those "director's cuts" exist. so that the original visionary can show they movie the way they intended).

>alot of the profanity is
>in the very poetry thats
>being used- its one thing
>to swap out a "fuck"
>here and there but when
>thats the point of them
>poem you'll lose all of
>the films integrity.

If they could edit "Do the Right thing" and "Harlem Nights" tey could edit Slam. Whether the integrity of the film would be comromised or not is subjective.

>Not to mention with all that
>drug dealing- you know there
>gonna be okplayers talkin that
>"all they show is drug
>dealers" ish.

Now THAT is funny. True, yet still funny. And while were sort of on that subject (drug dealers and such), does anyone wonder why BET couldn't make a program like "The Corner"?

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
Help BooDaah STAY the Moderator for the OkayActivism Board....

Fill Angiee's Mailbox full of requests for me (HAHA she'll LOOOOVE THAT!!!)

How's THAT for pandering HMMMM???