Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Alright then
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24723&mesg_id=24751
24751, RE: Alright then
Posted by nushooz, Mon May-22-00 03:43 AM
>If you want to wait on
>me- then be patient.

Patience is one thing while COMPLACENCY is another. I go out and actively find the shoe that makes me happy. I don't wait on the shoe to come to me.

>As far as BET is concerned
>if you guys want some
>shit it would happen alot
>quicker if you organized into
>something productive and not just
>something bent on tearing something
>dwon.

I think you misunderstood us. I don't remember anybody saying anything about tearing ish down. These threads were about ORGANIZATION. And I apologize for misleading you. It was not done on purpose.

>What you dont know is that
>BET needs producers- they need
>shows and show ideas. I
>see a whole lot of
>passion but its coming from
>people who arent apparently putting
>their feelings towards actually making
>BET a better network.

INVITATION to the table -even if its a result of protest - is one of the things that will make BET better.

K, if writing, producing is your thing, then do it without requirement of JUSTIFication or quantification your work. DO what you do!

You speak to us as if you're addressing Branch Davidians who plan to storm BET with guns and grenades and hold Donnie Simpson hostage. But maybe we have some method and have devised some way of organizing the masses that may not be evident to YOU right now. But why does it have to be? This is obviosly not your battle. Rather you offer signage or not, it will go on. I will still be disgruntled with the programming at BET and looking to join with other people who are disgruntled as well and interested in SAYING so - in a way that might not be pleasing to you.

Nu
I,I, I Can't Wait!