Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIn that case....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24723&mesg_id=24739
24739, In that case....
Posted by BooDaah, Tue May-16-00 11:40 AM
In the interest of being on topic here are my answers.....

How much BET do you watch- daily, weekly, etc.

When do you typically watch BET?
Mon-Sun while I'm at the computer I flip back and forth.

Q:What do you watch on BET?
A:Tavis almost everyday its on (except when it a RERUN that I've seen already the same applies for the other programs also), Lead Story, Teen Summit, Madd Sports occasionally, I'll flip past Live from LA till I get sick of it, I watch an occasional video (but I don't like they way they cut them so I prefer the BOX for videos), for jokes I might even watch the movie. I also subscribed to the Encore channels (which I rarely watch) so I could get BET Movies. Sadly the quality of programmin there is lacking also. Meaning. Out of over a hundred years of Black filmmaking I fid their choices to be a bit anemic in terms of quality and diversity. I love "Let's Do It Again" but I don't need to see it offered several times a week. I MISS seeing: Black College Spors, historical documentaries (which never really existed on this network), and Donnie Simpson who was the best host they ever had.

Q: What are you looking for on BET?
A:Entertainment that refelcts the diaspora. News, sports, and historical shows that I can't get on "Mainstream" channels, original programming which gives opportunities to Black people who cannot recieve such opporutinities from mainstream media outlets (writers, directors, actors, etc). I got more but those would be a decent start.

Q:Do you watch the commercials on BET?
A: Yup. "Coon Commercials" crack me up. You know the ones I'm talking about. Those commercials you only see on other networks during Black History month, a Bill Cosby/WB/Fox black show or during sould train. THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER SUBJECT I HAVE BEEFS WITH.

Q:How long have you been watching BET?
A:1984, I rememmber the first thing I ever saw being Rebbie Jackson's "Centipede" video.

Q:What is your favorite BET show and why?
A:Tavis probably (closely followed by Lead Story) because they try really hard to provide an alternative to the rest of the programming. and because even though they have very little time, they do bring up what i feel are newsworthy issues.

Q:What is your least favorite BET show?
A:ALL closely followed by Live from LA. T

Q: What other television media do you watch regularly?
A:Too many to list. I pay for cable so I watch it. I'm also an avid reader, lover of various musical styles, and a learnign junky.

Q:finally- name 10 BET shows.
A:I already named all of them, as well as when they're on and which are reruns from previously shown shows.

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
Help BooDaah STAY the Moderator for the OkayActivism Board....

Fill Angiee's Mailbox full of requests for me (HAHA she'll LOOOOVE THAT!!!)

How's THAT for pandering HMMMM???