Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Furthermore
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24559&mesg_id=24570
24570, RE: Furthermore
Posted by Nubia, Tue May-30-00 01:16 PM
Reason for questioning

Let me start by saying that I am part Egyptian, my mother was born and raised in (KMT) or Egypt then came to the states in here early adult years… Im certain for you that is neither here nor there… however for me it obviously means a lot especially in this situation.

And also I agree with you 101% when you say that we should honor our ancestors but as nothing more than what they were and that is indeed human… It is this very idea that keeps us from connecting with our ancestors… Yes we should indeed place them on a pedestal but one that is not impossible for us to climb in our own existence.

But I will say that once again the history of the European has shown that he is one who has no respect for any other life other than his own. Let alone those things that others may view as sacred… so to do something like invade a divine space is typical for him. And as far as the whole cow thing goes… I am vegetarian… and I have never invaded the space of Indian people by killing the cows in their possession.... There is a big difference. But I see your point.

What I had a problem with is the fact that you try to compare the ignorant and brain washed ways of a misguided American/Europeanized brotha to something that indeed was done as ritual. You have a point, but that is truly taking things out of context and stretching them a bit far. By the time many of these practices and rituals were in full affect the last walk in the sun for that time period was over for the people of Egypt. There had been many invasions and the land had seen its fair share of traders so the ways and rituals (although still sacred) did have traces of the ways of many outsiders that had penetrated its fortress of a thrown, and tainted many minds. Egypt had been secure with its vast resources and riches for thousands of years with out the temptation of gluttony and excessiveness. But you must respect these rituals for what they are.

And any mentions of the bible will not hold weight unless used in certain circumstances because by definition I am a heathen.

But let it be know that I do respect the things that you have displayed and will continue to do so. And reading my previous post I will say that I may have come off a bit scattered in my approach. And I have recognized that it’s something that may confuse direction of purpose.

Peace

Amina NiaRa (Nubia)

with each word you manifest reality...
speech is by nature and must continue to be divine.

Limitations are self manifested...

perfection changes daily as revolutions continously take place...

-Amina