Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI understand your frustration
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24528&mesg_id=24540
24540, I understand your frustration
Posted by Nubia, Tue May-30-00 08:51 PM
But we cannot point fingers and place blame on men. That’s not the answer. Although some men do help to perpetuate the unhealthy images of women today they are not alone and should not take the full and complete responsibility for this. Truly we can start pointing fingers but that’s not really the answer either. A woman has to allow herself to be an object before any man has placed her in that category. So when we search for "the root" of the problem we must dig deeper than the surface.. But not just for the purpose of pointing a finger, but fir the ability to understand what caused this behavior… only to find answers and solution to the problems at hand.
But like I said I understand your frustration and I to have recognized a role that men play in the dehumanization of women... but once again they are certainly not alone and especially not in the context that you mention. And just a little for contemplation...

If you understand that women have unhealthy images and low amounts of respect for self... then it goes without saying that the men are experiencing the exact same devastation… and if nothing else look around evidence is everywhere

Peace and thanks for your input

Amina NiaRa (Nubia)

with each word you manifest reality...
speech is by nature and must continue to be divine.

Limitations are self manifested...

perfection changes daily as revolutions continously take place...

-Amina