Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHard to choose the worst one...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24474&mesg_id=24505
24505, Hard to choose the worst one...
Posted by DivineVersatile, Wed May-17-00 05:30 AM
But I think this is the most lasting. When I was in the 7th or 8th grade...I would go to Concordia Language Camp in Minessota...Lac Du Bois (French Camp). Well, being the only black male at the camp...I was immediately taken in my this Amazon sister, braids...fine...just off the hook named Veronica.

So...in my own subtle way...I stepped to Veronica like "we got 2 weeks, and if I can spend those weeks in your company, I'll be the happiest brother on the world". Well, this "black" (and I use that term loosely) sister said that she was flattered but "SHE DIDN'T DATE PEOPLE LIKE ME..."

"SHE DIDN'T DATE PEOPLE LIKE ME..."

That shit echoed in my head for a hot second, then I got crazy vexed and asked her what the hell she meant. She got flustered, couldn't hardly stutter out a response. I realized that she was just regurgitating some things her parents had peddled to her...I came from as affluent a background as the rest of us...but my brothers made sure I was "ghetto"...

She never looked quite as fine after that day.

The Infamous DVSJ