Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Goals
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24394&mesg_id=24415
24415, RE: Goals
Posted by Nettrice, Sat May-06-00 05:31 PM
I helped to start what will become a national nonprofit dealing with the arts an technology, youth & community development. When I pulled out some old goals from '92 when I was barely out of my teens, I realized that I am doing the work I imagined back then. I almost cried reading about how I wanted to finish college and start my own center focusing on art and technology.

In reassessing my current direction, I always ask myself whether or not I would be proud of the person I am today if I were 18 again. Starting anything new is exciting, challenging and often difficult. In order to support this new project I am working three jobs!

This summer there will be four sites piloting the project (Miami, Boston, Somerville, Phoenix/Tucson). Angiee: Since you are the web mistress maybe you could get involved somehow and teach young people how to set up their own sites (art & tech). Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs