Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI AM A SINGLE ADOPTIVE MOTHER
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24394&mesg_id=24400
24400, I AM A SINGLE ADOPTIVE MOTHER
Posted by guest, Sat May-06-00 03:07 PM
I am a proud, single, African-American female, who adopted a beautiful little girl when she was only 9 months old. I adopted her from Washington, DC. I did not know her birth parents, or anyone in her family. I first began by becoming a volunteer at the semi-orphanage where she was living. Then I became a foster parent 2 weeks later.

She will be 9 years old in August of this year. She is the light of my life. I was not married when I adopted her, nor in a serious relationship. SHE IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME! She's intelligent and very polite and courteous.

I encourage each Black family, Black male or female, who wants to have children and are getting to the point where marriage is not in the forseable future, to adopt one of our own. IF WE DON'T - WHO WILL?

Share your life and love with a Black child without a home - you will never be the same! If I could only give back to her, 1/13th of what she gives to my life, then I will die a happy woman.

Make a difference - love a Black child that is not your own!!!!!!!

Merike