Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGoals
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24394&mesg_id=24394
24394, Goals
Posted by guest, Thu May-04-00 06:51 PM
*inspired by jefleejohnson's okayschool post*

You know there's something you want to change about yourself. Something you want to do but can't find time to do...or you just keep making excuses.

I think changing *the world* begins with changing yourself. Little things you do that don't bring ya joy, things you don't do that could bring ya joy.

Shit, when's the last time you just sat and read a good book? Do you want to volunteer for something but aren't doing it?

The last one is me. I *know* I could be doing more. And I feel if I put it out there and say I'm going to report on my progress on here, it'll push me to do it. Nothing like putting something out there in front of so many people and then not doing it.

I want to help kids. I have no idea what I'm going to do...I'm thinking maybe start looking into some of these summer programs for kids and seeing if I could come in for even a day this summer and teaching them something. I know, that's vague, but that's a start. I'm going to post at least once a month about what I'm doing, volunteer opportunities I found, etc.

Maybe the post could be called "check-in", where we just, well, check-in and see how we're doing with our posted goals.

No goal too small. You want to stop talking about people? Want to start taking care of yourself? Want to start putting together your demo? Let's have it.

Much love...

angieee ('stress)

First book, The Broke Diaries, coming in about a year - March 2001, Random House.

"Okayplayer is addictive like Ebay" - Danja Mowf

"I'm an idiot, I just had to." - Okayplayer Moderator Steve

"is it that god damn funny? God damn. That's a god damn lot of money!" -Shawn Gee.