Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBack in the trenches
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23740&mesg_id=23806
23806, Back in the trenches
Posted by guest, Wed Jun-14-00 06:05 AM

>Getting a job or selling crack
>is EVERYONE's choice.

Righte but getting a job is not always a readily available option and those circumstances it is quite often that selling crack is a more viable opportunity. The KEY item of that is to realize who provides those opportunities.

>Yes, Yes, Yes Rick's actions and
>behaviors dictated his choices -
> For instance:
>I need hot water in my
>crib. Electricty is not
>free (unless somebody gives me
>a wind-mill) It costs money.
> In order to get
>the money, I could:
>A-Get a job; Get paid; Pay
>Power Co.
>or
>B-Sell crack; Get paid; Pay power
>co.
>NOTHING in life is FREE;
>We choose how we pay!

Now Rick is a known Felon and at the time of this turning point in his life he had no address. On those premises alone the "get a job" option is not all that reasonable.

now the KEY is to understand who made it that way- was it Rick?

>Yes, people are wrongfully incarcerated BUT
>people are rightfully incarcerated.
>I know far more people
>that choose to work
>until retirement w/out wrongfull incarceration
>than I know people who
>the police just pick to
>arbitrarily go to jail.

It depends on where you are- but you cant ascribe that percpetion throughout the land. 150 cases pending in LA on the basis of systematic and wrongful judication- 150 CASES. Demonstrating the idea that in some sections of this country people are arbitraily picked to go to ail- its called racial profiling.

the KEY is still the same- if this is how it is- then who is making it that way. not Rick.

>We all have mitigating circumstances.
>But with my past and
>my emotional luggage and bad
>childhood, I bring my ass
>to work everyday. Rick
>had the same opportunity:

You dont know what opportunities Rick had. If Im not mistaked he was an abandoned crack baby that was shuffled from foster care for his adolescent years and served his juvenile years in detention. Even if that aint Rick's exact biography that is a biography that is shared by many people.

Think about it- predisposed to adiction from birth subjected to underprivliged communities and poverty throughout your life; whatever menial job you can find probably wont allow you to afford living much less leisure as such- your opportunity is not the same as what is to be expected for the american system and the american system although a major burden on such lifestyles offers very little to resolve the situation.

>Work or Sell drugs.
>Rick and I both could
>have been ensnared. I
>choose to work; he
>could have too. And
>for all you know, I
>may have sold drugs and
>have now choosen something else:
>WORK

What Im telling you is that both those jobs are provided by the US government and while you condemn Rick for making his choice you revel in the fact that youve been lucky enough to follow along the "conscienable" path as provided by the exact same beast thats been dogging our people (and Rick) since day one- the same beast that walked in on Rick's jail cell and gave him the choice to sell crack.

> I dont know where
>you live, but here in
>America we pay taxes w/
>few exceptions. And the
>only way to avoid it
>is JAIL or LEAVE.
>And I like it here-FREE!
> And if you know
>how to avoid this tax
>paying thing, tell me.

I dont know where you live but here in america the government imports drugs into our streets and then applies unconscienable pressure on our people to sell it amongst ourselves. the only way to avoid it is to find a good paying job in the mastas house and then pay him taxes so he can keep feeding our people poison then we can cast judgement and doubt on those po lil field niggas out there that dont know no better cuz that makes us feel better cuz we know damn well that we're living in the same shackles.

I m not here to give you an alternative to paying taxes- you keep trying to take it there. Im challenging your condemnation of your people. If you pay your taxes like a good citizen then your moral standing is besmirched by the conduct of th government you support.

The government obligates you to pay your taxes
The government obligates others to sell drugs

You cant blame the dealers for what theyve been obligated to do because you've absolved yourself from the guilt of your own obligations- unless you're willing to admit that its a blatant double standard.

K