Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23657&mesg_id=23661
23661, Yes.
Posted by k_orr, Thu Jul-13-00 06:12 AM
It is the reason for white flight.

I love my people. I will move my family and my tax dollars out of this city to go to the suburbs to be with my people.

In the meantime, blacks, browns, asians, and poor whites have depleted tax bases to get school funding from. Add to that most good paying blue collar jobs are moving to areas where blacks, browns, and asians are majorities,(latin america and Asia), then you end up screwing the working class minorities in this country.

So because white folks love themselves, they live by themselves. It is not my place as a blackman to tell anyone that you have to live next to me, so I can benefit from your tax dollars.

When white folks do the self love thing, it doesn't have to involve lynching or unfair lending practices. But the move to segregate themselves from people of color, particularly poor people of color, has deleterious effects on the society as a whole.

Those soccer moms and techno-geeks aren't doing anything that you would percieve as being out and out racist. They just prefer to live among themselves. And often they don't even do that explicitly. They look for neighborhoods with good school systems, high employment, a certain mix of professionals, et cetera.

The categories that seem to be innocent are often racially skewed against people of color.

So self love, looking for empowerment, et cetera is in essence being racist.

But I'm okay with it. Call me a racist. I don't hate white folks, but my thoughts,beliefs, and actions move in a direction against their's.

peace
k. orr