Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectfrom a peach one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23657&mesg_id=23658
23658, from a peach one
Posted by Dove, Wed Jul-12-00 05:19 PM
I NEVER and I repeat NEVER have a problem with anyone asserting pride in their culture. That's some good stuff.
I DO have a problem with people telling me how I should be living my life BECAUSE I'm pale, just as anyone doesn't like being pigeonholed. Ain't nobody payin my bills but me!

No - you aren't racist at all.

WE ALL have our prejudices and preferences - we prefer one thing to another - be it race, waist size, hair length - or whatever.... I happen to prefer grape kool-aid to red... does that make me prejudice in favor of the purple stuff? heck yeah! Does that make me a kool-aid hater? heck no!
?uest has his own reasons for saying what he said - but if people paid attention to what they SAID every day then they could see that what he is getting at is not unfounded. People say some hateful, spiteful ish up on these boards.
If you love me, I'll love you back. No questions asked. If you don't love me, but you love yourself, I'll still respect you.
Noone wants to be hated on. Nobody.

Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"Cuz you answer the phone 'Peace', does that mean you not a freak?" - Common

****Celebrating Ju-Lie!!****

"I much prefer eating this cookie to smoking that blunt - thank you for offering though" - twistyroad

"I don't mind having the lowest score - I'm very non-competitive" - Goldenwon

"I really love Seattle!" ?uestlove