Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectpeople need to learn
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23493&mesg_id=23535
23535, people need to learn
Posted by Vet, Tue Jun-20-00 10:14 AM
our children need to be taught that the natural state of their hair is beautiful because that's the way God intended it. like me, moms relaxed my hair when i was 9, not because she wanted me to look "white" she was tired of fighting me with and the pressing comb. well y did she use a pressing comb in the first place? mom's didn't know how to deal with all this thick stuff. she didn't care about the naps, she cared about not taking 2 hrs to comb my hair. she didn't know how to work with it and that's where the problem lies.

if you don't know how to take care of it then you're going to do the easiest thing you can. most of the young girls now are being pushed into getting relaxers by THEIR PARENTS not their PEERS. their parents' perceptions are being pushed off on the innocent children. it's a mentality that's spoon fed from generation to generation.

people equate natural to revolutionary because of the "Black Power" Movement. during this time of our history folks went back to the naturals etc as a rebellion to the white establishment and to reclaim their connection to thier innerselves. they wanted to stop the cycle of self hate and show people that being black is beautiful and blessed thing. it seems to me that we are just coming full circle again.

nothing wrong with relaxing your hair or being natural as long as you are doing it for the right reasons. dig?

Resident Poets' Quotables

why are your ears
dependent on the forum?
i mean if i plant seeds
at a poetry reading
my peoples openly receive
but if i say this truth
in everyday speech
it's like i'm speakin greek - incogx

dick hed mcs, wit dem flacid, phalic soundin subjects- one of those jail urine roach xylophone nukkas (jurx-donwill)

Quotes, tHe pHilosiPHers EDITION

GoldenWon on life
when you're happy it's nice
when you're down it's real

INCOGNEGRO's theory on the difference between bitch and beeeyyoooootch
a bitch is a female dog
a beeeyyoooootch is dog female

"its all love with me.....stop the estrogenly charged bull shit and elevate sistahs" - nebbie

a wise man once said/an eye for an eye/leaves everybody blind/i’ve always listened/but today i’ve grown deaf/eye for an i/i/am preparing to go to war/but i can’t see to find my sword - incogx

MISCellanious QUoTes

Police "YOU THOUGHT PRIMO HAD BEATS?!?!?" - P!

'i feel you like, tomaz zamot ya know' - donwill

...you are the syfl to my ollie
me to don