Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Hmm... well see
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23493&mesg_id=23499
23499, RE: Hmm... well see
Posted by Nubia, Wed Jun-07-00 07:32 AM
Its like this...
who you are should be evident in all that you do. so its kind of a self representation thing. you have to wonder why sistahs relac thier hair. is it really to make it more managable? and then some will say trend but you must question the confidence and understanding of the trend setters. and also where the whole idea of hair relaxer came from. it certaintly didnt originate from self love and self confidence. NoW on the other hand... looking past all that... your appearance really cant speak for your intelligence motive or amount of "consciousness". there are somethings that are strictly stereotypical. I mean I have seen many a loced headed brotha wit a white woman. and many sistahs screaming revolution at the top of they lungs... head wraped and all be the biggest detriment to revolution that you could think of... they aint raisin that children properly... sleepin with this man and that man... I mean its really all about what resides inside. but society has taught us to judge books by thier covers. and then condemn us for doing so.

may the vibration of vitality resonate through your existence

Amina NiaRa (Nubia)

You write like I breathe. It sustains you, like the air drawn into my lungs sustains me. Please keep breathing.
- mikeONE