Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectISSUES
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23434&mesg_id=23480
23480, ISSUES
Posted by guest, Tue Jul-25-00 08:20 AM
First off, me being a feminist doesn't mean that I'm a man hater. I personally love and have much respect for all black men and women. My point is to get dialect going between men and women so we won't be enemies. Don't get me work, I not once said that we could place blame on the white feminist movement for all the woes of the black male female relationship. But just like everything you mentioned, white feminism has taken a noticable toll on the black male female relationship as well. I still hold my point that the white feminist movement was not in the best interest of black women or the black family. The attitude of I don't need a man comes from black women being hurt over the years and the white feminist movement screaming, "I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR, I'M NOT MUCH TO BE INGNORED". Now that for the most part is true. But some black women took that ish so literally. To the point where we got sista's that make brotha's feel worthless because of financial status. We feel like they have nothing more to offer than just money, sexual support, or something nice to have on our arms. We are starting to loose ground ladies. The role of the Superhuman Black Woman is killing our family structure slowly along with other elements such as, AIDS, drugs, random acts of violence, and the prison system. This myth carried on from the days of slavery just to justify the foul treatmant of the black woman. We as women are starting to become to masculine in our attitudes and that ish isn't good for any of us. I feel that we should return to some traditional roles for the sake of the family and our future. The respect level between us is so low right now and our seeds are picking up on this attitude. That's why I feel that it's up to us to change the face of feminism, and what people think a feminist is. We love and respect our men. We love and respect our families. We love and respect our sista's and botha's. We are concerned about the condition of our relationships and families. Love, Peace, and Life.
"Poetry is life, keep on livin'."