Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Let's be clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23434&mesg_id=23465
23465, RE: Let's be clear
Posted by janey, Mon Jul-24-00 01:49 PM
it's also okay with me if you say "in a poll conducted by 1,000 psychologists nationwide, a whopping 65% of women reported that they were 'distraught' upon leaving their children to return to work. Interestingly, the same poll showed that only 25% of men used the word 'distraught' to report their discomfort, while 38% said that they were 'disturbed.'" See the difference?

I'm just not crazy with having someone tell me what my emotions were "created" to be or "designed" to be. And frankly, how would a psychologist know how my emotions were "created"? Psychologists aren't qualified to report on my internal structure ab initio -- the best they can do is report what they see or what is reported to them. I seriously doubt that you can cite any hard scientific data to support your theory that women feel separation anxiety more strongly than men, or that, if they do, it has to do with the way women are designed as opposed to the way they are acculturated.

Peace