Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Men and Women need to start talking HONESTLY, so we can heal.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23434&mesg_id=23446
23446, RE: Men and Women need to start talking HONESTLY, so we can heal.
Posted by guest, Mon Jul-24-00 08:47 AM
Your point is well taken...but ask yourself this question...

If Western society put the kind emphasis on the importance of motherhood as it does corporate sucess would we all then be satisfied just being mothers. What's wrong with wanting to be a mother. My mother worked for 25 years because she had to. When I was 20 years old she came to me and apologized for missing out on some very important events in my life because she had to be at work. After talking to her I realized how difficult it was for her to have to put her child in such a position. I ask all of the mothers that visit this site. What's more important your family or your job? And if you had to choose would you fight for better equality in your workplace or equality in your family structure. Now let me say again, I realize many of us have to work...as do I...but if I were given the choice I would gladly volunteer my services to this company for the freedom of being able to watch my family grow and prosper.