Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Sexual Intellectuals
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23355&mesg_id=23367
23367, RE: Sexual Intellectuals
Posted by Triptych, Wed Jul-05-00 10:23 AM
Posts like that scare me. I think that people who have been hurt once or twice are too quick to make generalizations about an entire gender. Have you had a bad relationship? Have you had 50 bad relationships? Does that mean that every brother you meet is a dog?

I know that no one but the blindingly ignorant believe that every member of a group of people is bad, but it's easy to allow bad experiences to influence our daily interactions. But not opening up yourself to new people because of what old people have done to you is silly. You're allowing these "old" people, who have already hurt you in some way, to control how you behave even after you've broken off contact with them. Not entering a relationship you otherwise feel good about because you've been hurt in the past is emotional suicide. I truly believe that you have to be open to being hurt to experience love- it's a fundamental absurdity of human relationships.

Note - this isn't to anyone in particular; I'm just voicing my opinion. Take it for what it's worth

peas and Love

"-The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." -Albert Einstein