Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe Black Man/White Woman thing....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23285&mesg_id=23285
23285, The Black Man/White Woman thing....
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-13-00 06:37 AM
i was thinking about this the other day and i decided to share my thoughts. i've always had this kinda complex attitude about brothas with white girls. first of all, i think if a brotha wants a white girl, let him have one. i think he may as well go ahead and get what he wants rather than giving me grief because he's secretly wanting her, and i'm not even headed in her direction (and don't want to). that being said, though, i don't feel brothas should be with white girls, but it's not out of hostility towards white girls, it's out of love for my brothas. honestly, i believe that the two of us are one. we are complimentary to one another in every way - the Creator made us this way. there is more to true male -female "relationships" than most of us realize, and while a brotha may experience happiness with a white girl, i believe that there is potential inside of us that is only realized in true partnership with someone who was created specifically for us. and i don't think white girls were created for Black men. anyway, i know this may be perceived as the same ole' negativity about inter-racial relationships, but it's honestly not meant in that spirit. i just think brothas have so much unrealized potential - and it won't be realized until they first find themselves, and then connect with the other half of themselves - a true sista.