Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectraising children: love & respect
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23127&mesg_id=23137
23137, raising children: love & respect
Posted by guest, Mon Aug-07-00 05:09 AM

alright, I'm hearing the lessons in this..respect first, love must almost be a given if you act right with your kids. but respect means boundaries which means establishing some sort of rules..as el rey said discipline is key, but violence? and as boodah pointed out, each kid is different so the point is to make sure that the lessons learned, without inflicting permanent damage - chances of which reduce with age.

interested in what shimmy was saying the first response, about society..in a way you can't blame parents entirely for raising rotten kids when society itself has changed to everybody's spiritual detriment..like the difference between urban and rural living - back in the day survival was about battling nature and working miracles for everybody each year: you had to give something to get something and that carried over into everyday approaches to things.

whereas what boodah's saying about adults being kids too now, I guess that's the urban environment where pretty much everything is about take-take: a hundred different peanut butters and chocolate spreads at the supermarket, a hundred different channels/programmes on tv, hundred different ways to get dress and get paid - those are the key day-to-day concerns and it's a 24 hour cycle that gets replenished each day, each minute.

this has me thinking about those capitalism posts..

seize your time! - marley/wailers

august - BIG 'bitch' quote (for fire):

cleaning out the block for distances, giving long kisses, bitch..