Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectSTATISTICAL BULL-SHITE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23044&mesg_id=23057
23057, STATISTICAL BULL-SHITE
Posted by guest, Tue Aug-08-00 08:04 AM
how's everybody doin'?

These situations are best responded to with a word:

"So?"

or it's phrase brother "so the fuck what!?"

Statistics don't mean shit unless they apply to something real and tangible. So let's pretnd Janey's situtation (level playing field, equivalent sample, etc.).

This dude that originally made the comment still has no point. Because if Mongolians are more "educated" (do they mean "intelligent?") than Pygmies...

WE'RE STILL LEFT WITH: "so?"

that in and of itself says nothing, and is pointless research.

MAD PROPS to whoever posted questions

What is "jew" in this statistic
what is "black" in this statistic
what is "educated"

statstics are crap, because you can make a statistic for anything you want that is scientifically valid. ANYTHING. I could "prove" tomorrow that Nazi's have disproportionately small penises, and it would be a valid study. And even though that's true ;) it still doesn't mean anything.

I could "prove" tomorrow that republicans rape their girlfriends, and it wouldn't mean anything.

I could "prove" that I am a diseased escaped mental patient who experiences latent pedophilia, but it wouldn't mean anything.

We can compile "scientifically valid" statistics for anything. STATISTICS ARE BULLSHIT.

If one is going to prove a point, then prove a point, but a statistic doesn't do it.

So am I less "ecuated" than a "jew" (though perhaps I am one in this study...) that hasn't SAID anything yet.

The proverbial question:

SO!?