Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE:hmmm..what?...I'm thinkin money cool out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=23028&mesg_id=23036
23036, RE:hmmm..what?...I'm thinkin money cool out
Posted by illmeta, Tue Aug-01-00 07:47 AM
>see, this is the problem with
>relying on others to teach
>you everything (not saying you
>do).
Who else are we supposed to learn from. We may be born with all the answers. But as we grow they are forgotten because of all the TRASH being recycled in the world. Until, someone gives me a reasonable way to learn with out the educational system we have now, I'm gonna keep on using it because without I won't get anywhere, with or without the heroes.

> learned in first
>grade to question and look
>a little deeper. i saw
>the hypocracy of columbus day
> when i was seven,
>and i ain't special. i
>juyst learned (as I believe
>everyone should) to question things.
>the media is part of
>the machine. they'll tell you
>what they want you to
>hear. period. it's up to
>us to use what "they"
>show is as a starting
>point.
Education is not gonna stop any time soon. But parents let these schools and other forms of education teach children that what they teach is what is. How else are we supposed to learn it. There IS nothing else, unless your just extremely smart at 6 or 7, and sometimes older than that. Some don't have access to the RIGHT education. Whatever that is
>
>Again
>I ask the question: "How
>heroic does a hero have
>to be?"
You know what? I believe its varying dependin on the person. Since there are so many images of heroes i don't think two people can peacable have a conversation about who is more heroic and how and why. How heroic? Heroic as I want him/her to be,as I will let them be. MLK is still my hero, to a certain extent, to me he failed as a family man, by having an affair. But as an activist, he's on the top ten. Like I said it varies to what I want him/her to be. Call it selfish if you must.
>

>
>You know what. There are certain
>pieces of knowledge that you
>have to be mature enough
>to handle.
>Right. But how are you supposed to handle that at 6 or 7 years of age. You can't just BE mature at that age. Why did SOME parents who to us are supposed to be heroes not dispel these beliefs that were taught at school. That on their part is a fault as a hero, no matter how heroic or not. .
>
AIM:iLLmeTA

"This is not only a shameless push for this thread...but also a response."-me

iLLmeTA: what's happenin kid?
yardicus: Eh...same isht...different toilet.

THIS IS MY EFFIN MOTTO. SO IF YOU ASK ME THIS, THIS IS YOUR RESPONSE.

"Meta/proceeded by the Ill son/it's real son/like the funky feel one/but I ain't Cypress Hill dunn/The Lone Bird/like GunStar/SPit on single or 8 bars/drop jewels like Nick Cage gone in 60 second stealin' cars...."-yardicus (of yardbird33 fame)

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!"-Goldenwon