Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectmeanwhile
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22966&mesg_id=22997
22997, meanwhile
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Jul-28-00 04:08 AM
i think what all this boils down to is force in government, which is also the botom line in everything,seemingly...force, do you have the power necessary to do what you want to? my point is this, for every situation (the poet who is murdered by hit squads, the quasi-revolutionary who is kidnapped by quasi-military forces, etc etc)....there are those who use force to achieve their goals, and there are those opposing who use force to defeat the 1st folks, get it? I'm probably not being too clear, let me explain.

ex: Kent State, student demonstrators, shot and killed by Nat'l Guards...remember? ok, those students would have been murdered outright with no problem had this been China, or communist Russia, in fact it wouldn't have even gotten to the point it did, as the leaders of their movement would have been rounded up...they were here however, where the freedom to demonstrate is protected by laws, whch are enforecd by the people in the form of the military and police...did the Guards do wrong, IMO yes,in theirs probably not, the point is that the strength that backs up words like freedom, and liberty are found in flesh and blood INDIVIDUALS, who are fallable, who do make mistakes, but are still their, who's sole purpose is to protect you in particular and your right to the American way of life...

i think i'm starting to preach so I'll shut up here....

more later...