Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe media are watching the children
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22778&mesg_id=22817
22817, The media are watching the children
Posted by judicem, Wed Aug-02-00 06:43 AM
And the children are watching the media...

Our children are being raised off of TV, Movies, and the radio. Their "idols" and "role models" become these "Platnium stars." It is my job to tell them that there's more to the world than ice and cars. But is also my job to say just because you have money you don't have to also become selfish and greedy. And there is where I need help from Hip Hop, R & B,Rock, Alternative, or Jazz. I can't respect anybody that doesn't respect themselves. You have the world listening at your finger tips and you you just wanna thank God and your mamma for the cars, ice, and big booty hoes in your videos. What??? That just ain't right.

The fact of the matter is that these stars are who these kids are listening to. And as many times as I say to my little sister that Brittany Spears has no heart and soul and knows nothing about your cause. She stills is her look a like. Yes she's young and it hasn't all sunk in and one day it will because I was once (shhhhh!) a NKOTB fan. Long time ago. But what about the new stars today on TV who were there idols how come they never want to change the subject? How come their content with the topic? What is the saying Art is a reflection of the people so is this where are people are at?

I agree everyday people working for the cause know way more than someone who read a book about it but who is the media covering? I'd rather some artist mention some book he read inspiring a youth to go read a research and become that everyday person.

I think I was just babbling but peace.