Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhat's an HSBC?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22778&mesg_id=22797
22797, What's an HSBC?
Posted by BooDaah, Tue Aug-01-00 11:10 AM
>While many of 92's conscious acts
>just talked about doing &
>dressed the part.

I agree. Again there will be those who profess consciousness as a means of having a "down" identity. This is against the point. The point (for me) is how to use this medium as a tool, and to analyze/counteract the prevailing sense of materialism/self destruction/whatever that folks fuss about.

>There's more to "consciousness" (imo) than
>just being able to say
>you don't have ass shaking
>or cristal poppin' in your
>video.

true. and your point is what? apathy and complaceny is just as bad don't you think? what happened to the sense of COMMUNITY (the idea that I wanna say something IMPORTANT, not just what will make me the most $$$)?

>I mean, its
>a contradiction to me that
>people will get on the
>Hot Boys for what they
>do but cite Pulp Fiction
>as their favorite movie.

I see what you're saying: it is hypocritical to single out certain attitudes/actions/influences and not others. but that said, I know Tarantino could give a damn about me and mines (why should he), but for all intensive purposed it hurts me when the faces that are used to destroy the mentality (socially) within MY community are mine. I fully expect the powers in this society to uplift those images that will keep us all being crabs in a bucket, but that don't mean i don't have to ask the crab why they are willing to sacrifice so much for so little.

>Everyone picks their
>battles and WE ALL have
>to take the blame for
>what's going on....there's enough of
>it to go around.

Forget finger pointing, let's concentrate on generation some kind of solutions to counteract that which we see as a problem.
------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
step 1. inform yourself step /step 2. inform others/step 3. discuss the problem /step 4. DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/step 5. EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/step 6. evaluate how well the solution worked/step 7. start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------
Coolest thing I've read on OKP recently (courtesy of Quinn):
"when eminem gets on the cover of some teen fan zine with nick from n'sync, kevin from bsb and sisqo, it's because america is more comfortable with a white guy rapping about rapeing his mother than method man rapping about anything."
-------------------------------