Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: In real life..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22695&mesg_id=22769
22769, RE: In real life..
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-27-00 08:37 AM
>i was just wondering why is
>Black capitalized and w/out quotations
>and white is lowercase and
>with quotations?

Black is a term signifying the Black nation a movement of cultural pride that swelled about the 1950's and 60's- that is the cultural and national identity that i refer to and it regards a very specific and demonstrative set of customs traditions- it harkens on particular doctrine- and bears out as a succint admission of geaographical and native origin- as such I dont use quotes. The term "white" evolves from racist theories that contemporary "white" people either, disregard, disavow, or dont even know about that when challenged fall aparts on such grounds as science, biology, national origin, cultural merit, and socio/anthropological logic as such my using the term "white" must be signified by the idea that it is a demonstratively misguided and false notion of self determination.

>did i miss
>someting in a previous discussion
>about this.

yes

>may i ask, a. what is
>or was your field of
>study, if you attended university?

I did attend a university and my area of study was art. (aside from my initial intent which was to follow law and apply for the FBI)

>b. what do you do for
>a living?

I do me drawerings- comic books are coming soon to a store near you.

>i ask these things b/c it
>helps in discussing things with
>you.

ok

K