Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThere's that blind thing again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22695&mesg_id=22727
22727, There's that blind thing again
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-27-00 06:30 AM
And again i say to you all that I never once suggested that people or society be "blind" to race ideology i simply advocate that we stop allowing the government to use it as a means of social order.

In all the discrimination and the aesthetic reasons you admit to you're begging the question of why we should allow the government to continue to substantiate claims that you admit are not true.

Its one thing if "white" people want to fit in- its a totally different thing if the US government allows and imposes the classifications into which they fit.

I cant say it any more clearly than that. If you understand that race is a lie and you understand what oppression race provides for then we must strike it at the root- you guys only seem willing to fight it at its face; supposing that its what they do and not what they think that brings our conditions to ruin.

In that case you absolve the "white" people who dont "do" anything" but nonetheless perpetuate racial classifications and ideologies to their logical conclusions- that all "colored" people be subordinate to the whim and will of whites.

"While the "labels" for race may be inaccurate at some level they are indicators for clear physical differences that can't be ignored."

What Im urging you to understand is that labels for race are inaccurate on all levels- as they are founded on science that is no longer there to support it. The only manner in which race classification "cant be ignored" is in that it presumes itself as fostering the "indicators for clear physical differences" that are a result not of racial variance but of ethnic and cultural diversity- to allow this to continue will breed further confusion and identity crisis and division among people of "race" and people of culture.

The difference is people of culture- have heritage and tradition and history to fall back on. People of race by and large have nothing of redeeming value as example of their heritage and refuse to admit the horrible deeds that pervade their history.

By refering to culture than the matter of accountability is clear and demonstrative- refer to people as White- and there's nothing demonstrative to hold them accountable for. They'll say- well my family didnt own slaves, my family didnt lynch people- and they'll be right- we'll have no choice but to absolve them.

I propose not that we disregard the fact that they are white- I propose that we expose what "being white" means and hold all people who continue to adopt such ideologies accountable to the crimes committed by and for White people- isnt that fair?

It solves the matter of determining who is accountable for our current conditions more so than the contrary resolves "the fundamental issue."

The fundamental issue as i see it is that people are indeed different but we shouldnt provide or allow ideologies that profess that any of those people are better, superior, or more evolved than others- that is all that race ideology ever had to offer.

We can continue to support race ideology if you want- but where is the solution in that?

K