Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo it doesn't.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=226&mesg_id=310
310, No it doesn't.
Posted by Expertise, Sat Aug-07-04 06:41 AM
The fact remains that Japan had refused surrender, which meant either the bomb or a full-scale invasion of Japan and continued battles in other places (Even after the war was over, there were still several holdouts. Sound familiar?) which would have meant American lives would have been needlessly lost had not the bomb been dropped.

Therefore, I did not "switch up the operation of the argument" or whatever you're talking about. The argument still stands, and is no doubt true. The saving of American lives was all I'm worried about. Fuck the Japanese, at least in regards to that war. It was not Truman's or any other American's responsibility to minimize Japanese lives at the expense of American ones.
"Most offensive quote from an anti-war activist - From Medea Benjamin, a "peace campaigner" from San Francisco, objecting to the gated demonstration area outside of Fleet Center: "We don't deserve to be put in a detention centre, a concentration camp." is a concentration camp, ninny. Now, go stand in a corner and grow some shame." -

My politics and sports blog .