Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbut...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=226&mesg_id=242
242, but...
Posted by Shelly, Sun Aug-15-04 02:35 PM
Japan was the aggressor in this war and they were given the chance to surrender. They were warned what would happen to them if they didn't surrender. Shouldn't the Emperor of Japan apologize for putting his people in harms way? Could the war been won without nuclear weapons, yes but at the cost of more American lives. Japan was a formidable foe.( I read somewhere that Japan can not have an army or any form of military. I have to look this up.)

How do you discount the 10,000,000 Chinese civilians that lost their lives? Has Japan apologized to them? They weren't killed by an atomic weapon but do their families suffer any less than the Japanese families ? What about the 16,900,000 Russians, have the Germans apologized to their families.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but everyone lost civilians during the war. We have or had been working with the Japanese to help the survivors suffering from radiation poison.

He's magically delicious-
Damon !