22592, RE: Democracy Vs. Communism|
Posted by spirit, Fri Aug-11-00 07:57 AM
Put simply, a country can be democratic AND communist.
A country may also be capitalist without democracy. Who says you need to be able to vote for your public officials in order to have a free market? Remember the royalty system in Europe? You didn't elect the king, but there were still free market economies in Europe (who paid taxes to the king). That's capitalism under a dictatorship.
Wasn't till America came around that folks thought they needed a free market and a vote. Till then, folks were living under their king, happy to get their farm on. ;-)
August is Top 10 Month...
The 10 Reasons why you should go to http://www.theamphibians.com
(1) the all-american jerk boy awards...guilliani is leading...
(2) for your convenience, we only do updates once every blue moon
(3) because i'll break your legs if you don't
(4) you need a reason to put off clipping your toenails for 7 more minutes
(5) the bizarre user names (mr. bungles, angry armenian, spottieottiedopalicious etc.)
(6) the good posts that get completely unrecognized
(7) the amazingly true story of me getting mugged, somewhere in there
(8) the goofy bios
(9) to figure out what the hell "fermented bells" are
(10) because you're tired of reading this long ass lists of reasons....just click it! http://www.theamphibians.com
9 out of 10 people with two arms find something interesting about http://www.theamphibians.com
This summer: new audio, same odd sense of humor. Don't get "left" out, mossie your two-armed self on over and check it out.