Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMisunderstanding
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22478&mesg_id=22564
22564, Misunderstanding
Posted by guest, Fri Aug-11-00 08:48 AM
"If culture is the only difference"

first of all- I didnt say that so i cant really justify what whoever said meant by it. As far as Im concerned there are certainly more differences than culture my contention is however that the differences connoted by race ideology are all based upon an evident and obvious mischaracterization of science and nature.

While the fact that supposedly "white" people are in fact paler skinned on average than other etnicities is something I can conede to i can not concede to the idea that they are demonstratively further advanced than other peoples or even the most basic premise that they are genetically exclisove and indepenedent of variant human properties.

They key to diminishing race philosophy is to study and learn its origins and it will only take you a few moments to see that given a little information and resource that the ideology of race as YOU know it doesnt hold together all that well when challenged by science, nature, and even logic.

please remember "there is as much genetic variation among the members of any given race as there is between different racial groups"

>the physical aspects (or genetic) do have some relevance, even if it is simply bc society has ascribed that significance to it.

If that is your belief then all I would ask is that you pay very close attention as to society's motives and reasoning in such presumptions.

I assure you that it is not at all flattering.

K