Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Disclaimer note
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2390
2390, RE: Disclaimer note
Posted by Nettrice, Sun Mar-21-04 05:56 AM
Hey, it's all peace. When I was responding I wasn't even thinking much about your relationship...there are plenty of personal experiences I or others have had that I can refer to. My father, who for 30 years worshipped the African in Black women, one day admitted that he was attracted to some white women but that his Black wife would react even more to cheating with a white woman than Black. He was just talking but he was trying to deal with his "politics" and his "lust".

My point has been that psychological love is ego-based and therefore it can be very political. Is love really attachment? It is really a destination or outcome or is it more than that? I have learned that authentic love is spiritual and it can be about seeing spirit in other people. Black people really do have a double consciousness and Black women may even have triple. My goal is not to merge or converge these things but to learn how to balance and live with them. I overcome these things through self-love and spirituality.