Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectisn't this a concession?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2388
2388, isn't this a concession?
Posted by HueyShakur, Sun Mar-21-04 05:03 AM
if your relationship is the exception, then you must agree that there is a rule, right?

"I am saying that love and >politics can remain on separate plains, and as an extension >of this, convergent relationships can exist without the >constant power play or ego-tripping that seem to categorize >said relationships on this board."

explain this. and if your politics are thoroughly "integrated" into your personal life then how can love not be political as well?

here's a mundane example: recycling. it's tied into all sorts of political elements that include conversation and clean streets. but many folks have integrated it into their personal lives without even a second thought.

now, i'm making the claim that politics "enters love relationships" the same way, unnoticed and "naturally." i'm suggesting that we all should acknowledge those politics so that relationships could evolve rather than ignore them and uphold notions of romanticism.

peace.