Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: you have bought the hype, brothaman
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2363
2363, RE: you have bought the hype, brothaman
Posted by loveluv, Sun Mar-21-04 10:19 PM
I don' think i am romanticizing the civil rights movement and like you just proved having a head makes it easier to knock it off. like the assinations. i also don't think you are addressing the issue that the "what blacks want" has become much more diverse i don't think you can say they have not. the upper level management brother does not have the same needs as the factory worker/police officer/fireman/teacher and they do not have the same needs as the unemployed and undereducated. what needs to be adressed is a platform that adresses all those diverse needs. i don't know if that can be done. so i am advoctaing that we adress our own needs instead of waiting for the white man or the next martin malcom to adress them cause right now al sharp and jes jack ain't getting it done or i may be wrong. that could mean charter schools, community based activities. that would make a big difference period.
and nowhere in any of my posts do i advaocate giving up i just think that the means of struggle must change, which should be evident. how can we expect results if we coming at the enemy with strategies from 30 40 years ago. they would have to be pretty damn stupid not to be able to beat that.