Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: You just said...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2361
2361, RE: You just said...
Posted by loveluv, Sun Mar-21-04 12:00 AM
i am pessimistic in my way of thinking. the collective will never exist again. yeah it would be great if we could all be together, but i don't think it is likely to happen. in the past our goals were much more defined, i think that yeah they worked, erybody had to stand on the bus, erybody could not get work, erybody could not live there. it is not all black folk per se that are targeted (well execept that whole driving while black), but now it is a different era. we have become much more diverse and our concerns are more varied both economically and socially. if you want an example it would be hard to provide one. but i would say that without a doubt right now it ain't working. wait hold on you can't get a boycott going cause people got different issues. like with the whole jesse jack lets boycott nike so we can get jobs. well the nig on the street don't give a fuck about no mid to upper level management jobs he ain't qualified for in the first place. so he is gonna go buy him some nikes and fuck a jesse jack. or how you gone get some blacks to participate in protests outside they own damn jobs. not likely unless it got something to do with them. you want to help the poor, but lets see what would happen in a black middle class neighborhood someone try putting too much section eight in there or if they put in some kind of outreach program that will bring in an unwanted segment of society. the monolithic we is becoming more and more of a myth.