Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i dont think he's romanticizing it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2357
2357, RE: i dont think he's romanticizing it...
Posted by loveluv, Sat Mar-20-04 06:14 PM
I am wondering about the monolithic "Black People". Using the logic that is used to stop people from dating outside their race is also used by people for religion. son't date outside the religion, not good for building good____ children, he won't understand where you are coming from ____ this may contribute to some of my issues, i am a black person who is niether christian nor muslim. I also do not intend to become one. but many times this is a large stumbling block.

also i am just thinking that the politics of the monolithic us has not worked so well. many groups, well Blacks are special cause of our lack of an exact "homeland", but most other groups don't deal in the monolithic us so to speak or at least in public or in large groups. would it be beneficial for each individual to take responsibility for himself and stop thinking of the group. by thinking for himself i mean sort of taking care of home, and reaching out on an individual level (each one teach one sort of). this may be a little conservative and naive, in my thinking just thinking out loud.