Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti dont think he's romanticizing it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2345
2345, i dont think he's romanticizing it...
Posted by HueyShakur, Sat Mar-20-04 01:02 PM
Inkosi and others, including myself, are saying that it's important that Black folk have ourselves together on many levels, specifically politically.. and to marry/date/have children with a white person is a sign of political fucked-upness (for lack of a better term).

my mom once relayed an observation that she had made when seeing interracial couple (Black-white), she said she often noticed that they put on a very overt public display of their affection. at first i thought she was trippin' but then walking around the city and up at school, i began to notice the trend. to me it's a rather strange thing and it ran the gamut from young folk to seniors. like they were trying to prove something. i'm a random Black dude, what do you have to prove?

i've interpreted it as meaning "yes we're so in love." as if they have overcome the ultimate obstacle of race. GIVE ME A BREAK. no one in a interracial relationship can tell me that race doesn't come into play. race comes into play when Black folk are together, i can only imagine what happens in a Black-white relationship.

it's actually arrogant for folk in a Black-white relationship to even say that their love is so strong that race is unimportant because they are implying that folks in Black-Black relationships can never have strong love.

peace.