Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectLast response
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2329
2329, Last response
Posted by brokenchains79, Wed Mar-24-04 06:50 PM
This was your quote--the reason we were discussing this issue in >the first place:
>"Black and white like Afrikan culture v. European culture is
>diametrically opposed. Confusion comes into play with people
>trying to walk the fence, it's either or."

>This is precisely what Diop doesn't prove.

The irony, you talking about proof. He lays out the differences between the northern and southern cradle. Any racist or non racist anthropologist acknowledges fundamental differences (spiritually wise Born sinner v. Born divine). Whether you agree or not who cares. Based on those differences the idea of worldview is formulated, from worldview view you get ideology and other aspects of culture. Take it or leave it.

>>Considering the Egyptian rulers were an oppressive and hideous
>> aristocracy, it never made sense to me that Diop spoke highly
>> of those who rebelled against them. If anything, wouldn't that
>> be an argument against Pan-Africanism? This is just one
>>example...
>
>"Hideous and oppressive aristocracy" that's almost as bad as
>your "stereotypes of perpetual judgement" bull.

>lol. I'll read on...

>Exactly! Tell me what this says about any sort of Pan-culture?

Exactly what, you not making sense. As the Mali empire declined and Songhay emerged there was warfare but that doesn't negate a common culture between the two empires. Same thing for KMT, Kush & Nubia. Diop showed linguistic similarities (anthropoligical, religious etc) from all over the continent including the above mentioned. Just one way he showed a common culture.

You also has external
>invasions, but how does any of that negate Pan-Africanism.
>Who did he speak highly of and why?

>the rebels AND the aristocrats... that's what I'm trying to say.

Huh, you're not making sense again, and what is this saying about Pan Africanism

or was he just examining
>un/sucessful revolution attempts?

>this too.

>You sound kinda ridiculous, how can you say he is brilliant
>and you enjoy his reading but then turn around and say
>anything Pan-African isn't logical.

>Not just Pan-African, Pan-Anything.. yes, it's still a
>ridiculous and racist concept that strips people of all races
>from their individuality.

Lol... why do i bother? It's a racist concept! If black people all over the world can see themselves in a common situation and unify according to that, what is racist? You sound like a media blurb "stereotypes" "racist concepts" blah blah blah. Pan Africanism doesn't negate any individuality, that is totally unsubstantiated. If if smaller groups see itself as part of a whole how does that strip individuality? Just seems like you have a problem with unity.

Everything he wrote was
>Pan-African.

>No, it wasn't. Diop is a brilliant historian, and his evidence >on Africa's historcial ancestry in Egypt is what impressed me.

Yes it was, that is the Pan African foundation. The Nile Valley that branches off to the rest of the continent and the diaspora. He proved his case in many ways, one way was connectiong Egypt culturally to the rest of the continent. I'm repeating myself.

Start with the foundation, Northern Cradle and
>Southern Cradle, southern cradle represents all of Africa
>which he insisted in all his work is cultural unified.

>And I disagreed with.

I agreed so what.

Even
>in Establishing that KMT was an African civilization he
>showed the influence from the interior (all Pan-African).

>...still disagree with. Again, what I was impressed with was >his historical evidence supporting AFrican civilization in >Egypt, not his philosophies on Pan-Africanism.

What are you disagreeing with? This is part of how he substantiated KMT as a part of Africa.

I
>didn't say I was an expert anything but there are volumes
>and contemporaries who builds on the "illogical" stuff you
>never gave an example of.

>Well, you apparently know more than I do, so help me out if >it's important enough to comment on.

It seems like a lab rat knows more than you, what do you need help with, you're not asking any real questions only thing you're saying is you don't agree and that you think Pan Africanism is a waste of time.

Lol.. I'm not going to son you,
>just take my advice re-read because you surely don't have a
>grasp from what you have displayed or better yet stick to
>your bible.

>I will once I get an actual response. peace,

I'm done wasting my time, that's my response.