Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectdamn,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2272
2272, damn,
Posted by HueyShakur, Fri Mar-19-04 05:58 PM
your experience sounds like some movie ish.

i've never observed or heard of Black people ATTACKING a mixed couple for no reason as they walk the neighborhood. but hey, i guess you never know. i do remember this one time though, as a student, when this white dude that was dating someone Black in a drunken stupor said something to the effect of "man, I get so much Black pussy" to a group of Black dudes outside the bar. i don't need to detail the whooping the ensued.

i've came to this position from experience. every last Black person i know that dates white folk has issues with their own Blackness. not little issues but fundamental shit. this one dude (this was the most absurd thing i'd ever heard) told me one of the reasons that he liked his white girlfriend (who he was dating for TWO years) because of her hair. he said: "i love how soft her hair is and that her how soft fingers through it." sorry, but that reeks of colonization and self-hate.

so when it came down to it every last person i had spoken to told me one of the main reason they were dating their white partner had something to do with that person's whiteness.

do you see the conflict?

how can you be a Black person that longs for your partner's whiteness? you are either delusional or politically off?

i think that its a combination of both.

it's sorta like how eldrigde cleaver raped Black women to practice how to rape white women. some deeprooted crazy self-hate and misogyny.

peace.