Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectnice try.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2242&mesg_id=2258
2258, nice try.
Posted by HueyShakur, Thu Mar-18-04 05:49 PM
i'm not saying to "involve" politics, i'm saying that the politics are already there. you can choose to ignore them and buy into false notions of romance or you can confront them head on.

yes, all relationships are political. interracial, intraracial, and otherwise. all people are politicized from the womb, this is particularly true for Black folk.

this aint PC but we are all different (i'm not talking about biologically, even though Black folk have known that human beings have little biologically different for centuries, but i digress). now you can throw all the crazy scenarios at me but a Black dude from a Black neighborhood is different from a white chick from a white neighborhood. there's no denying it.

i'll be the last person to argue racial superiority because i'm keenly aware of what that has done to Black people. so i'd never use an imposed argument to justify my own and my peoples subjugation to justify another people's.

what i will say though is that as a Black people we can choose to embrace our need, both individually and collectively, to reclaim our political insurgency or we can "look beyond politics." i'm suggesting that "looking beyond politics" is looking beyond Black people and our urgent need for survival/uplift. it's like being a firefighter you can choose to suit up and save the burning building or you can walk away. but walking away ensures the building's demise.

i get the point you trying to make but i'm really tired of the argument that by choosing to be in a intraracial relationship that you are limiting your options and letting the "MAN" win. PLEASE! the best way to give the "man" victory is to be complicit in the annihilation of Black people.

peace.