Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMy .02c (c) Janey
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22229&mesg_id=22262
22262, My .02c (c) Janey
Posted by Wendell, Wed Aug-16-00 09:12 AM
Yep, we live in a "good" country. I have no ideal where the "best" country is located on the globe. IF our country lived up to its credo, then it would be the "best" country, but unfortunately it doesn't and it won't, EVER!

Our government has taken a form and shape that wasn't predicted by the people who created it. I actually remember reading one of the founding fathers saying that the government should be scrapped and redone every now and then, but that's another point on a different thread.

What really disappoints me about this thread is that some of the people talk about how protesting and marching doesn't change the government. If it wasn't for protesting and marching, I'm not sure where Black folks would be right now. Don't forget that it was only 40 years ago that those tactics aided Blacks in getting the right to vote, end segregation and pursue liberties that were never available beforehand. Are we (our generation) diminishing the importance of the people who fought FOR US???

That thought damn near brings tears to my eyes.

I could talk about the government and who it really represents, but I got work to do.

Peace

Pseudonym-less Wendell