Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Oh now you're just talking
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22229&mesg_id=22244
22244, RE: Oh now you're just talking
Posted by guest, Mon Aug-14-00 10:39 AM
This isnt all that i do and the assumption that anybody here does that is unqualified and rude. hopefully all the "sideline activists" you run into are in your day to day travels cuz it would be silly of you to accuse anyone here of that being that this is the sideline.

Leave people to whatever they decide to do in their daily lives but suggesting that people arent doing anything is rude cuz you dont know. ive seen protests organized here and a lot of information that results in people organizing- above all this place's primary focus will be discssion as all other activity wont be demonstrated here- how could it be.

I could be taking time off from burning the flag in front of Lloyd and taylor- you wouldnt know one way or the other.

in any case let's set aside all presumptions of people's activity and discuss your topic.

"what I mean is that here, one can accomplish whatever one chooses to..."

since this is not entirely true your statement is false. Certainly there are a great many opportunities available in this country but to say that everyone has a chance at one is grossly naive- to even say that those opportunities are provided farily and evenly among American citizens (much less people who live within the confines of america but arent citizens) is innaccurate.

"if one is willing to accept the consequnces of ones actions..."

again it can be demonstrated the the actions and consequences imposed on the lives of urban african americams is in the first part unfavorable and in the latter disproptionately harsh in regards to Black people.

look at what america does- imports crack to this country to get in good with the contras pressures blacks to sell it and then charges them 5 times more harshly than anybody found in posession of cocaine whic is the formulative element.

sorry that doesnt spell out great opportunity to me.

"as the Worlds superpwoer, one has more oppertunity here...thats what i mean by thr greatest..."

seeing as you have no information to offer on the living conditions of other countries I cant see this statement as being qualified. in this country you may have more opportunities to work twoard the rewards that the capitalist system sets forth as things youd like to attain but what of people who arent concerned with material wealth and financial success?

have you ever been to Italy, France, Sweden- these countries offer freedom to their citizens and none of them do so alongside the impression that if you are disatisfied you might as well be spitting in the wind or setting yourself up to be murdered if you say antything.

Sorry dude- in whatever you offer that diminishes the luxury of any other country America too has found many ways to take advantage of its people.

I question actually your idea that if im not satisfied with this nation that i should choose another or be satisfied- might i remind you that there a great many communities that survive without being included in such a system of public policy.

K