Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: One eye open
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22229&mesg_id=22235
22235, RE: One eye open
Posted by guest, Mon Aug-14-00 09:24 AM
>>Do you have one eye closed
>>or what- do you see
>>throngs of people protesting the
>>conditions of this country or
>>are you only willing to
>>sit in on the discussions
>>that lead to such protest.
>>
>protests accomplish absolutly NOTHING. nothing at all...you can sit and protest and march and sit in and everythign else, but until those in power see some actions backing your words, they have and will continue to ignore and marginalize everything you say and do. which is why nothing changes (or changed) which is why groups like the Panthers, the weathermen, etc etc backed up their rhetoric with action, got the attention of the status quo. thats the truth...not just my opinion.>

Then the problem is the American government that you're so proud of offers nothing else as a recognoizable or acceptable action. The likes of the Panthers are likely to get you inducted among the ranks of men under surveillance and first in line to be shot or imprisoned under suspicious circumstances. Not too many people want to go that route so they do what they can by the confines of the law in order to change the law- the fact that America doesnt respond to the very means of change that they offer is very indicting and contradictory to your claims that this country is something to be proud of.

"Should you go to anywhere else outside of the places I've mentioned, I guarantee you would not be writing critical letters about the government for
long."

well apparently in this country you can write as many letters as you want and still not be heard.

whats the difference?

>what I'm doing is
>activly promoting the agenda that
>I am most in agreement
>with, which doesn't have anything
>to do with protesting or
>anything else.

what agenda is that? pro-american?

>Well then- pick
>>up a sign and join
>>a protest this is when
>>you're gonna relize that alot
>>of the meaningful solutions (in
>>this country the most solving
>>action we are allowed is
>>the right to protest) that
>>discontented people provide are met
>>by forceful opposition and intimidation.
>>
>if you want it, this country
>will either force you to
>go out and get it,
>or remain disgruntled and complaining
>about the fact that you
>aint got it. more truth.

thats the same truth that presides in any country around the world- you've said nothing complimentary of America specifically. Now you're saying its more like take it or leave it- well sandanista rebels could say the same shit doesnt mean they're living in the "greatest country in the world"

>what do you expect? people in power to give up that power just because you asked? to put the stamp of approval on your complaints, just because you voiced them?>

Im expecting that when people voice their concerns and reasonable complaints and protests towards the government they not be greeted with the responses that you've offered, ideas such as- if you dont like it leave, its better here than anywhere else, or just deal with it.

sorry dude- none of that makes for a great country.

K