Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: One eye open
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22229&mesg_id=22234
22234, RE: One eye open
Posted by Binlahab, Mon Aug-14-00 09:08 AM
>Do you have one eye closed
>or what- do you see
>throngs of people protesting the
>conditions of this country or
>are you only willing to
>sit in on the discussions
>that lead to such protest.
>
protests accomplish absolutly NOTHING. nothing at all...you can sit and protest and march and sit in and everythign else, but until those in power see some actions backing your words, they have and will continue to ignore and marginalize everything you say and do. which is why nothing changes (or changed) which is why groups like the Panthers, the weathermen, etc etc backed up their rhetoric with action, got the attention of the status quo. thats the truth...not just my opinion.>

>Maybe you dont see anybody doing
>anything cuz you're not doing
>anything yourself.
maybe I didn't clarify myself enough, I dont mind the status quo....in fact could care less about the stauts quo...that is not going to stop me from going where I want to go...what I'm doing is activly promoting the agenda that I am most in agreement with, which doesn't have anything to do with protesting or anything else.
Well then- pick
>up a sign and join
>a protest this is when
>you're gonna relize that alot
>of the meaningful solutions (in
>this country the most solving
>action we are allowed is
>the right to protest) that
>discontented people provide are met
>by forceful opposition and intimidation.
>
if you want it, this country will either force you to go out and get it, or remain disgruntled and complaining about the fact that you aint got it. more truth.
>
>Dont get it twisted- people have
>legitimate concerns and just as
>many solutions but many have
>yet to find the government
>willing to listen or respond.
>
>
>People are doing a hell of
>alot- as much as they
>can- what is America doing
>in return; providing a diminished
>variety of the things it
>claims to be wholeheartedly about-
>thats just not good enough.
>
what do you expect? people in power to give up that power just because you asked? to put the stamp of approval on your complaints, just because you voiced them?>

>and it certainly wouldnt qualify this
>country as great
>
>K