Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOn America
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22229&mesg_id=22229
22229, On America
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Aug-11-00 07:25 AM
at the risk of starting a word war on the boards, i have speak out about the US bashing some feel free to go off about...before I vent, let me reitirate my belief in free speech; this board is a place where you are free to say what you feel, so dont take this as me trying to shut some one down for saying their opinion...now:

America is the greatest country on Earth.

Yep, i said it...and let me state my bonafides, I know I dont have to but I am anyway...I'm a 22 y.o. young dark skinned Black male...born to a very working class family, with ambition that I have inherited, from the Deep Soth (Houston, Tx). This is a country based on more economic freedom, personal freedom, then anywhere else...here, if you work hard enough (regardless of what that work entails) you can achieve your goals...whether they be financial, cultural, etc etc. England, Canada, and Austrailia are all little veriosns of the US in one form or another...

of course, America has problems, many, huge problems...like other places dont? Should you go to anywhere else outside of the places I've mentioned, I guarantee you would not be writing critical letters about the government for long. Basically, I just wanted to put out a dissenting vote about the state of this country and the nation itself....if anyone would like to rebutt this, and list some reasons why America sucks, and that individual wants to move, cool...I'll get at you ona a 1 on 1 basis...if not, cool, I just had to unroll the flag and let that shit fly for a minute...

Bin