Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwhen I asked that question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22105&mesg_id=22112
22112, when I asked that question
Posted by guest, Wed Aug-30-00 06:37 AM
I had just got through having an argument with my sister about my 7-year-old niece watching Jerry Springer and wrestling on TV. I wanted to cry when my niece said to me...”auntie, can a boy and a boy or girl and girl have a baby together like a mommy and daddy” I couldn’t believe that my sister was being so careless with what her children saw. And then I began to question... if she didn’t see it here would she see it elsewhere? Are we living in a world where we have to train and inform our children about things I didn’t know about until JR High School? I mean look at the risks involved... if we don’t inform our children about different things that go on in the world today the RIGHT way they’re gonna end up hearing it from the mouth of another confused 7 or 8-year-old. And then we have to go and un-confuse our children... and that in it self will be a trying task that could have very bad side effects. And that’s not even the half! There are so many ways that we have become desensitized. Family life, the media, nature... theres so much.

It’s true the world is changing daily and we have to “keep up” in order to avoid confusion among other things. But theres this thing called innocence... and this is something that we should truly re-examine and explore. I often get upset with my parents for sheltering me from so much because there is ALOT that I don’t know about... but when I really look at it I feel that it was more of a blessing then a burden

as i paint to the wind's breath
freestyle to my footsteps
and create till the heartbeat's got no rhythm left...
-archangel_500years

Continue to ignore yourself and your hearing will be no more...